The mouth-watering Golfbreaks.com International Pro-Am is taking place on Thursday 6th to Saturday 8th February at Aphrodite Hills Golf Club and the Faldo-designed Elea Golf Club.
Conditions of Play
- Each team will consist of one professional and three amateur golfers
- The Pro-Am will be a 54 hole team stableford event with the best 2 scores from 4 to count on each hole. The tournament will be held at PGA National Cyprus, Aphrodite Hills
- A maximum of 20 teams will compete
- The handicap limit is 28 for men and 36 for ladies with the competition being played off a 90% stroke allowance.
- With competitors originating from a variety of countries each with a different handicap system The PGA will use their Overseas Pro-Am Handicapping Policy to adjust all handicaps in order to create a fair competition for all.
- All amateurs will be required to submit an official handicap certificate prior to the 1st round
- For the Professionals there will be an individual 54 hole stroke-play event running alongside the team stableford. Professionals will play with their team for all rounds
- In the event of a tie for first place in the Professionals competition then the leading Professionals will share the combined prize money for the required number of places
- In the event of a tie in the Pro-Am Team competition then the winning team will be decided on a card playoff on the last 18, 9, 6, 3 & 1 holes
- The event shall be played in accordance with The R&A Rules of Golf, PGA Tournament Regulations, Conditions of Competition and Local Rules and the Additional Local Rules as approved by The PGA Tournament Director
The Pro-Am is open to all classified PGA Members, Trainees and Playing Professionals from any recognised PGA, as well as Full Members of the PGA Europro Tour.
NB: All PGA Professionals’ membership will be checked with the relevant PGA and any doubts to eligibility will be decided by the tournament committee whose decision will be final.
Distance Measuring Devices (that measure distance only) are permitted.The Condition of Competition regarding conforming grooves will be in operation.
Soft spike shoes and golfing attire to be worn on the golf courses – in accordance with the ‘dress code’ of each golf club.