PGA Members in golf facilities across the UK, Ireland and the rest of the world are encouraged to support a dedicated campaign to raise awareness of the health benefits of golf.
The first ever Golf and Health Week will take place from April 15-19 and will aim to encourage golfers, non-golfers and lapsed golfers into taking part in the sport.
A number of health-related themes will be promoted during the week of the campaign, including:
- Monday 15 April: Fitness – professionals and amateurs
- Tuesday 16 April: Mental health (including dementia)
- Wednesday 17 April: Disability golf
- Thursday 18 April: Golf for everyone – featuring various health projects (e.g. Parkinson’s, loneliness, stroke and other programmes that can benefit health)
- Friday 19 April: Club level – focus at golf clubs (e.g. fitness, food, drink, gym classes)
The collaborative campaign will run across digital and social media channels with everyone encouraged to use the hashtag #GolfHealthWeek
The campaign will feature content focused on highlighting the physical and mental health benefits of playing golf and projects being delivered by golf bodies and clubs.
Friday April 19 shines a light on clubs across the country, so please get involved. What is your club doing that you could highlight? Do you have a new menu in the clubhouse? Does your club run gym classes? Do you have a group of members who love their golf and fitness? We would love to hear from you or see your content posted on your website and on social media during Golf and Health Week.
Please tag @ThePGA and use #GolfHealthWeek in any social posts.
For more information about how The PGA is supporting Golf and Health Week click here.